Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:26 AM
Im sending 18 us cash dollars out on friday for the chatboard. Sorry I havent contacted you yet, Mr Brown. I will today though to enusre my order is filled. Also, I wanted to move these posts over from the 0.7.0 topic, just to keep them fresh (hope you dont mind!)
Hey Pirotic, a few more questions/suggestions perhaps... maybe youve already thought of these things too anyway...
- A jump function for the maps (ala Super Mario RPG)
- A run function (ala FF3 and most snes RPGs)
- how customizable are hot spots? (touch one, lose health, die, transport, trigger a conversation, cutscene, etc.)
- will .gif or .bmp images be supported (for like enemys, item placement, etc.)
- with that in mind, just using collision detection on and around that image, like you post a tree picture, and put a block of "no walk through" around it?
- animated backgrounds during battles (like the moving train battle in FF3)
- zip support?
are you going to include, in later, later versions, some of your own or presinstalled graphics and tiles?
Also, I truly hope Gigas wins in the compo. Hoestly, unless I see a 100% super SNES or 95% GEN w/sound emu, Gigas really is the most improved over time. So, so so much has been put into this program/game/hobby, its just a shame if it didnt win. Sorry about not getting back to you about the chatboard sooner. Chat board support would have been another good improvement for the compo.