18 replies to this topic

#1 taras

taras

Mega Pandora mania

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:16 PM

Don't mean to piss on everyone's party here, but shouldn't it be "Guardian Monsters"?

Unless you mean "[ ] belonging to Guardian Monster".

#2 Pirotic

Pirotic

Mega GP Mania

• GP Guru
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:20 PM

are you from that The Apostrophe Protection Society?

your probably right, but it allows me to make a better looking logo if i dump a apostrophe in it.

#3 Vimacs

Vimacs

Don't be evil!

• X-treme Team
  • 5213 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:59 PM

its better with ' :-)

#4 mr twit

mr twit

A can of spam!

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:07 PM

"Guardian Monster's" could be belonging to guardian monster, or Guardian Monster Is, but not the plural of Guardian Monster. Down with that apostrophe! Burn it! BUUUURN IIIIIT!

#5 Tristan

Tristan

n00bie GP32 coder (MasterMind)

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:11 PM

It's actually quite annoying, makes it look like some cheapass Japanese company made it, and couldn't be bothered to hire a translator, and hired someone's nephew to do it instead...

#6 LHC

LHC

hello

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1822 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:11 PM

I just noticed it just before I saw this thread, and was about to post this.

In conclusion, it should go. B)

Edited by LHC, 24 October 2004 - 06:11 PM.

#7 Tobriand

Tobriand

Mega GP Mania

• X-treme Team
  • 4046 posts
  • Interests:Gibbering as I walk down corridors,<br>Trying to bend people to my will over long periods of time, and generally being completely insane...<br><br><br>Mwahahahahahaha

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

If you need an "'s" somewhere in it for the title screen, why not call it "Guardian's Monster" - and add a rudamentary story about an ultimate monster which has to be beaten in order to attain the rank of guardian or some such.

Ok, so that was the work of 20 seconds, and it still sounds odd, but you get an 's in there and it is gramatically correct.

Or "Monster's Guardian", of course...

Like Granny's Garden but with monsters and relying more on similar sounding words than any real connection for the second bit. So yeah.

Edited by Tobriand, 24 October 2004 - 09:05 PM.

#8 Pirotic

Pirotic

Mega GP Mania

• GP Guru
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:13 PM

If you need an "'s" somewhere in it for the title screen, why not call it "Guardian's Monster" - and add a rudamentary story about an ultimate monster which has to be beaten in order to attain the rank of guardian or some such.

Ok, so that was the work of 20 seconds, and it still sounds odd, but you get an 's in there and it is gramatically correct.

Or "Monster's Guardian", of course...

Like Granny's Garden but with monsters and relying more on similar sounding words than any real connection for the second bit. So yeah.

View Post

hehe, the ' is only in the thread title, the game doesn't have it in at all - i also decided to make the title screen without it, so its just "Guardian Monsters". that should stop the people who write dictionary from coming here and burning down my house :D

#9 pakoito

pakoito

GP32 User

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:16 PM

Cool :D

#10 DaveC

DaveC

Mega GP Mania

• GP Guru
  • 9170 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:47 AM

It's actually quite annoying, makes it look like some cheapass Japanese company made it, and couldn't be bothered to hire a translator, and hired someone's nephew to do it instead...

View Post

It is not that bad..

But if there was a line in the game that read "All your monsters are belong to us" THAT would be bad :D

#11 jegHegy

jegHegy

Now on LSD!

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1381 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:24 PM

i, as a member of the Apostrophe Protection Society, demand that the apostrophe be removed.

#12 pakoito

pakoito

GP32 User

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:30 PM

Monsters r' us

#13 finty

finty

what is this

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4985 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

YOU GUARDIAN MONSTER'S! HELP FIGHT NOW!

#14 pakoito

pakoito

GP32 User

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:24 PM

Ooooooooh, I can't wait for next beta!!!!!!! I've spent all day waiting for it to appear but it doesn't come out!

#15 Pirotic

Pirotic

Mega GP Mania

• GP Guru
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:28 PM

a new beta will prob be out every week, you'll get e-mailed it once its ready :D