PocketSnes V5 has been released. Below are the details of the changes.
1. Changed the way SRAM works. The old versions of PocketSnes used a timer to check if SRAM had changed while the SNES emulator was running. If a change was detected the SRAM was saved straight away. This used to cause glitches in the framerate. SRAM is now saved when you enter the menu as long as you have SRAM saving set to automatic in the options menu.
2. Added options to allow you to switch MMU hack on or off. Default value is OFF, so you'll need to go into the options to enable it. You'll also need to restart the emulator in order for the MMU hack to be applied. REMEMBER to save global settings before restarting!
3. Added options to allow you to switch Craigx's RAM settings on or off. Default value is OFF, so you'll need to go into the options to enable it. You'll also need to restart the emulator in order for the RAM settings to be applied. REMEMBER to save global settings before restarting!
4. Fixed problems where data was not being saved to SD card correctly, I was missing a few calls to sync()
5. I've tidied up the installation directory abit. Most things used to be stored in the options sub directory and somethings were saved to the root installation directory, which was a bit of a mess. So I've now created the following 3 directories in order to make things more logical.
options (*.opt) - used to hold global and individual game settings
savestate (*.sv*) - used to hold save states for all games
sram (*.srm) - used to hold SRAM saves for all games
This means that you upgrade from Version 4 to Version 5 you will need to manually copy the savestates (*.sv*) out of the options directory and into the savestate directory in order for PocketSnes to recognise them. You will also have to move the SRAM files (*.srm) out of the root installation directory and into the sram directory.
6. Rom browser now only shows *.zip and *.smc files.
I've made quite a few changes to the menu code so hopefully I haven't broken anything. I've tested all of the functions and everything appears to work correctly but if you have any problems please let me know here on the board.
Snes9x Team for creating the original Snes9x emulator
Scott Ramsby for PocketSnes port based on Snes9x sources
Yoyofr for OpenSnes9x port based on Snes9x sources
Squidge for the SquidgeSnes port based on OpenSnes9x
Notaz for his fixes and improvements to SquidgeSnes.
Rlyeh for his work on the gp2x (not so)minimal sdk
Reesy for merging everything and sticking a menu on it...the really complicated stuff .
Edited by Reesy, 03 February 2007 - 05:06 PM.