IMPROVEMENTS IN VERSION 1.1 OVER 1.0:
- USB joystick support for 1 or 2 players, out of the box. Since the main UQM port's control configuration is not complete yet, I spent a week writing a custom control configurator. You can customize all controls for the GP2X and USB Joysticks 1 & 2. Launch "uqm2xcfg.gpe" to use it. UQM2X now has better joystick support than any other port. In fact, it has better joystick support than the native PC version itself. Joystick controls are preset for two Logitech Dual Action controllers.
- Altered some bilinear sprite-scaling code to work properly with 16bpp surfaces. Bilinear scaling is now used for all sprite scaling. As a result, smooth-scaling mode is now full-speed and is the new default for melee fights. This includes fights in the single-player game.
- Adjustable TV-Out support. Game now detects TV-Out mode and adjusts screen resolution appropriately for PAL/NTSC. At the main menu, you can adjust the screen centering by holding the R-trigger button and moving the stick/DPAD.
- Mapped control for searching for star names via the starmap: press B in the starmap to bring up a prompt.
- Mapped control for quitting super-melee mode: SELECT is the default.
- Diagonal controls are fixed.
- Further speed improvements to planetary lander: Smoother than ever, but RAM tweak in Genu2X MUST be enabled to see the improvements.
- Fixed bug in main UQM branch that now correctly stops rendering of the rotating planet in background when lander is on surface.
- Full-screen blits are now handled by a custom ARM ASM routine. TV-Out mode does now allow this, however, so a slight overclock when using TV Out might be necessary for smoothness if you play the single-player game. Melees are always full-speed no matter what.
- Squidge's MMU hack is now loaded to speed up a few blits.
- Internal sound mixing is now entirely done with integer math.
- Options in the setup menu that don't work with the GP2X version are not saved. This includes control re-configuration.
- Fixed bug where main mixer volumel was reset when volume controls are first used.
LANGUAGE PACK USERS, take note:
You must download the latest language pack, linked below, in order to use the latest UQM2X, even if you already have older versions of it:
UQM2X Language Pack v1.2
(Adds translations for Russian, Spanish, German, Finnish)
NEW REMIXED MUSIC PACK AVAILABLE FROM ARCHIVE:
All available music that has been remixed is now re-encoded for 22050hz and ready-to-go for the GP2X: UQM2X Remixed Music Pack v1.1 It adds a lot of awesome modern remixes from some very talented musicians.
Please use this thread for any new comments. The old threads are here and here: Someone in the last thread suggested saying more about the game, next time around so here goes:
LINKs TO YOUTUBES VIDEOS W/ OPTIONAL SPEECH PACK (for SC2 newbs)
(These show PC version but this GP2X version is indistinguishable):
First 7 minutes of game
Super Melee mode showing many of game's ships fighting
NEWBIE TO SC2?? READ THIS FIRST
- Extract the .ZIP, with full pathnames enabled, into any folder you like on your SD. Game is run by executing uqm.gpe
- You should consider is getting the "uqm-0.6.0-voice.uqm" file from here (100+MB download): http://sc2.sourcefor...t/downloads.php
The 3DO voice acting adds hours of speech to all the conversations in the game. It is very well done and adds a lot to the game, in my opinion. Place it in content/packages/ subfolder under the main game folder.
- Download the remixed music pack I have put together if you'd like more modern music: archive link
If you want to learn how to play, visit these two pages first:
You might consider saving this (rather large) image to your SD somewhere, it's the original filled-in starmap players got with the game. It provides you with some valuable info on the layout of Hyperspace you wouldn't get otherwise: http://starcontrol.c...2_color_map.jpg
Here are some screenshots:
New Supplemental Controls Configurator:
Ur-Quan slave lord
The loooove boat
Big universe out there!
Edited by Senor Quack, 18 January 2008 - 02:13 PM.