- GCC now supports optimizing for the Cortex-A9, Cortex-R4 and Cortex-R4F processors and has many other improvements to optimization for ARM processors.
- GCC now supports the VFPv3 variant with 16 double-precision registers with -mfpu=vfpv3-d16. The option -mfpu=vfp3 has been renamed to -mfpu=vfpv3.
- GCC now supports the -mfix-cortex-m3-ldrd option to work around an erratum on Cortex-M3 processors.
- GCC now supports the __sync_* atomic operations for ARM EABI GNU/Linux.
- The section anchors optimization is now enabled by default when optimizing for ARM.
- GCC now uses a new EABI-compatible profiling interface for EABI targets. This requires a function __gnu_mcount_nc, which is provided by GNU libc versions 2.8 and later.
I find the first line item interesting.
(Maybe we can kick off a discussion to split from the codesourcery toolchain.)
Edited by Pickle, 23 April 2009 - 09:39 PM.