Psx4All Released For The Wiz
Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:36 AM
Download here: http://dl.openhandhe...?0,0,0,0,71,171
It's working pretty well. It's not quite fast enough for me to find it enjoyable, but it's getting close. Perhaps others might find it good enough though!
Some notes on running:
- The psx bios should be titled scph1001.bin (all lowercase!) and placed in the same directory as the included GPE.
- To exit the emulator press both volume buttons.
- To enter the menu system while in a game press L+R+SELECT+START
- Framerate counter is all messed up, especially with frameskip on.
- There's no framelimiting, but I don't think it's required at this point.
- Sound works but probably really choppy. It's off by default.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:31 PM
1. The menu flickers quite a bit. Same goes for the fps overlay.
2. You call the menu button "start".
3. Kula World doesn't run full screen. Only about 60% of the upper part of the screen is covered. The image is squished.
4. Kula World runs at ~15fps, which is quite a bit faster than psx4wiz's 5.5fps (also @ 533mhz).
5. Startups a *LOT* faster than psx4wiz.
Looks good so far. Well done.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:00 PM
Nice to see you back on the scene. Great first release.
I really hope that you and Hardyx work together to improve the emu...
What do you think about adding notaz RAM Timings and the MMU Hack?
[Edit:] Many thanks to RX Shorty for sending the Wiz to Zod!
Edited by sbock, 01 August 2009 - 04:35 PM.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:37 PM
I'm happy to see again in the Wiz scene with this release.
I can send you my modifications if you want. This is a great day!
Send me a PM if you have any comment.
Edited by Hardyx, 01 August 2009 - 09:42 PM.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:50 PM
But is there anyway to change psx cycle and psx clock?
Need for speed 3 uses only about 40% of the upper screen.
edit: and if you load a game you can't load another from the menu because he will reload the first one. So you have to quit the emulator and restart
Edited by momosxp, 01 August 2009 - 03:57 PM.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:11 PM
I looked at the src for psx4all and noticed some things that look like they could be removed, and might result in fps gain. It seems a lot of checking is being done to see what resolution the emulator is running at. I'm guessing that this is so the emu can be portable across many devices. The WiZ only really has 1 useful resolution, so a lot of that res checking code could be removed. I couldn't tell if its per-frame code, but if so (shudder) it would almost definitely speed things up. PM me if you think this is a good idea. =]
Where is the source? Maybe I could help.
Edited by xteraco, 01 August 2009 - 04:14 PM.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:12 PM
Seriously though this is great and with the level of optimisation that may be achieved through the use of various hacks and the use the 3d acceleration I think this emulator could be quite good.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:36 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:46 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:27 PM
Castlevania SOTN ~23-33 FPS
Ridge Racer ~22-30 FPS
Silent Hill ~25-29 FPS
Save states don't work for me, the app freezes.
Keep it up!
Edited by Sitizen, 01 August 2009 - 07:29 PM.
Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:44 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:08 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:22 PM
Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:25 PM
Ahh I see you already working on stuff
Thanks for this release !