I have just finished day 3 of my first week of chemo. Getting through this little by little. I haven't really had a the brain/will power to be too active on the boards/dev, but I did package up one of my games I am working on (not the side scroller) This is a word seek game that dynamically generates a grid of words with the selected theme words hidden up or down, forward or reverse. I plan on adding diagonals and really beefing up the algorithms, but I just don't have the strength right now. Also, the 3 or 4 puzzles are set right now, but this will change to be any .txt files you drop in appdata to play with. Coming soon.
This game was my first foray back into c++ (I am mainly a java/groovy guy), so I am none too proud of this code right now. It needs tons of clean up and performance tweaks, but it works for a beta test.
Anywhoo, thanks to everyone for the support (and sinoth and torpor and the rest for the dev tools, code blocks, etc).
I hope as I bit this disease I can get going on my more complex, interesting games.Grab the pandywordseek game here
EDIT: Just noticed this is my 100th post....Kinda nice how it worked out that way with a bit of a treat attached
Edited by authoreyes, 14 July 2010 - 11:02 PM.