here's a beta for the sms_sdl port i'm doing .. it's not fully finished cause i just realized that i didn't save the emulator settings on exit.. and there is a problem with games going too fast for a split second when you choose to save a state (i know the cause though, probably cause sync(); gets called somehow or something to do with my menu system)... It also lacks (my) readme, all other documents and licenses can be found in the "doc" subfolder.
Anyway here's is the download link for the beta version : http://rapidshare.com/files/424255964/sms_sdl.zip
just do not upload it to the archive since it's a beta, you can make mirrors but not on the openhandhelds archive, cause i don't want (my) beta software / ports floating around on there.
This is what works :
1) my menu system by pressing home button
2) 4 scaling modes (caanoo, full screen, full screen aspect, orginal size)
3) save states with images of the time you made the save state, if you see the same image as on your screen while playing you selected an empty slot, if not there's a previous save state saved there and it will be overwritten
4) input but doesn't have deadzones yet
5) it uses pickle's picklelauncher for a rombrowser (B = launch, L = dir up, R = dir down (can also be done with Dir's are collered red. Thanks pickle for letting me use this.
6) made images for the Caanoo menu system
7) button L makes screenshots (during game play, suffers same problem as with savestates, game speeds up for a moment)
8) report any bugs (not emulation related) in this thread, so only bugs with the things i added like the menu, porting related things and such, since i can't enhance emulation specific parts (io improve compatibility).
9) Button R switches between the scaling modes during game play
10) sources are included !
When i have some more time i'll update it to save the emulator settings, check some deadzone things etc
Place the sms_sdl_c directory and sms_sdl_c.ini file in the "game" folder of your sd card. Rom files can be *.gg *.sms *.zip and be placed anywhere on your sd card..
edit : added attachment with beta as well !
Edited by joyrider, 10 October 2010 - 05:27 PM.