Jump To Moon
Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:08 PM
Your lil' cosmonaut jumps from platforms to platform while you tilt the Caanoo to give him a general direction.
The goal is the reach the moon...
Few WIP screen shots:
Final release coming soon
Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:05 PM
The game is mostly done, I'm now looking for ideas to make it more exciting to play...
Hey kouky, i haven't played the game yet so i don't know what you already had implemented, but i do own an android phone, there's a game on there named "abduction" see you tube video here :
It might give you a few idea's to add to your game, from my head these are things they added :
- bomb packages dropping from the sky which you can't thouch (you can use a variation on this for your theme like comets or something)
- Breakable platforms, like platforms you can only touch once or two / three times ...
- super jumps or something along those lines, like take a certain item and you can then jump higher or further
- Collecting items like each level has a star on a difficult place to capture and you need to collect those for some purpose (unlock new levels ???)
- the android game also let you buy certain items to "dress" your character (in the android game you have a cow and you can "dress" it with diffrent kind of hats etc) (= unlockables)
- i'm sure you could invent many other things when it comes to power ups that either affect you in a positive way or negative way...
but as i said i don't know what is implemented already
Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:35 PM
Very good design overall ... is the the first portrait homebrew game?
I would love to see this game taken further with power ups and mechanics that build on what you have created.