Last time with HF5, my change to pnd_run.sh introduced many regressions. For nexts OS releases, I want to come clean. So I decided to ask your help and built this installer.
Change since HF5 in pnd_run.sh :
- Rewrite the loging. Make it way nicer
- rewrite the argument parsing. Fixing the many differents space issues.
- support more than 9 loops (thanks vimacs)
- many code clean-ups
- support for user configured pre/post scripts (have to be in the appdata, will not be taken from the pnd. file have to be named PND_pre_script.sh and PND_post_script.sh)
- APPDATADIR is exported to the application, so launcher script can take adventage of it (I have already posted a backward compatible solution on the boards)
- PND (the name of the pnd file) is also exported to the application
- Wait up to 2 minuts that the app have effectivly left the union filesystem before attempting to unmount.
- if an error occur while mounting, retry once before giving up
- implemented a garbage collector for loopback.
[ installer ]
the install script will ask you for your password.
You old pnd_run.sh will be backuped.
tests and feedbacks encouraged
Edited by sebt3, 29 March 2011 - 02:27 AM.