Updated Arch Linux Image Released
Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:22 PM
Download, additional information and installation instructions
Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:43 AM
Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:31 AM
Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:54 AM
Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:05 AM
I just figured that you'd prefer discussion to be in one place, rather than two, so that it's easier to keep track of. I guess if you want that, you could just edit your first post to say "please post your impressions in the other thread"...
Edited by Esn, 02 June 2011 - 08:07 AM.
Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:30 AM
Edit: I can't get the latest image working either. I get "Failed to mount ext2 file system..."
I've wiped the SD multiple times, formatted ext2 and ext3, changed permissions of the SD.
Edited by quartercast, 06 June 2011 - 01:59 PM.
Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:00 PM
The method I ended up using worked for me just fine... I decided to go this way because the card I was extracting to was getting old (got i/o errors later and ended up buying a new card)... I decompressed on my actual computer to a folder I made then copied it all over to the SD card as root (used emelfm2)... popped the SD card in my Pandora and it worked perfectly! Try that and see what happens.
Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:32 AM
Loading file "boot.txt" from mmc1 device 0:2 (xxa2) 145 bytes read ## Executing plain script at 82000000 Loading file "/boot/uImage" from mmc device 0:1 (xxa1) Failed to mount ext2 filesystem... ** Bad ext2 partition or disk - mmc 0:1 ** Wrong Image Format for bootm command ERROR: can't get kernel image! script finished.
Whew, I typed that in by hand Interesting error, why is it reading boot.txt and uImage from different mmc devices? Is it that firmware bug again?
Edit: @ CPU, this is different from your error.
loading file "boot.txt" from mmc1 device 0:1 (xxa1) 0 bytes read ## Executing plain script at 82000000 script failed.
Edited by quartercast, 07 June 2011 - 12:36 AM.
Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:48 AM
are you using the latest build? what are you using to format with?
Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:17 AM
I formatted both cards exactly the same way with sudo mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb -L ARCH
How to get wifi working? And also is there any way to change left/right click to the shoulder buttons? The nubs don't work on mine anymore.
Edit: ah, I see the gaming buttons also do mouseclicks
Edited by quartercast, 07 June 2011 - 01:31 AM.
Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:58 AM
Hit the Pandora button, scroll to "internet", then "wicd" and hit enter (or use mouse to navigate and click)... just that simple.
glad you're up and running, quartercast... I'm tweaking this thing as much as I can... if you're interested in using AUR:
- use pacman to install your fav browser as well as the package 'git'
- navigate to the Arch Linux AUR page
- search for 'packer' (granted yaort probably works too, but not really a fan of it)
- download the PKGBUILD to a custom folder
- open a terminal and navigate to the folder you downloaded the PKGBUILD to
- enter [ makepkg ] without brackets and hit enter
- check that the arch= line in the PKGBUILD either has 'any' or 'arm' as a parameter
- build package
- install with [ pacman -U *xz ] as root (or install sudo and edit /etc/sudoers according to the Arch Linux wiki page for sudo) and from that point on, use packer to install from the standard repos AND the AUR!
NOTE: When installing from AUR, make sure to check all PKGBUILDs to see if they have 'any' as a parameter in arch=... if they don't, add 'arm' to that list then continue the build. I prefer nano as my editor, vi is the standard. Check the sudo archwiki page for instructions on how to switch to your fav terminal-based editor.
Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:59 AM
1) OK now I can connect to my wifi but can't update pacman database. On ethernet it updates and installs packages fine.
2) What browser are you using? I tried installing firefox but it fails to download xulrunner dependency from plugapps. I successfully installed Epiphany but it doesn't run due to a missing lib (missing libicui18n.so). Midori gives me the same error.
Edit: seems libwebkit was built with libicu version 4.6, but icu 4.8 is installed. Tried to solve the problem by symlinking but that didn't work.
Edited by quartercast, 07 June 2011 - 08:21 AM.
Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:45 AM
You may be able to grab a newer webkit by going to the plugapps repo directly and downloading via your laptop/desktop then copying it over to the SD card that Arch is on for your Pandora, popping it back in the Pandora and installing it directly ( with 'sudo pacman -U *xz' or su followed by 'pacman -U *xz')... let us know what happens...
As far as issues go that I have run into... battery is not properly detected (I have a battery screenlet running and it's telling me there is no batter) and bluetooth is not detected (ran gnome-bluetooth-applet and got the same response... no bluetooth detected).... Wifi works, but indicator light doesn't... wondering who we should contact @ OPT to find out what modules/libs are missing or whatever...
Edited by Custom Processing Unlimite, 07 June 2011 - 08:51 AM.
Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:22 AM
Well I've got netsurf up and running, which doesn't appear to use webkit so I'm safe there Trying out your AUR instructions above...