• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:11 PM

Fired it up last night and it runs so much better than the gph versions (speed). Having the the larger res is nice too. Nice work M_HT. Looking forward to xcom ;-)

I plan to port Warcraft next and afterwards X-COM 1 & 2.

Still no luck...I copied all the files directly from a disc image.

After running Albion, check if the file error.log was created in the directory pandora/appdata/albion or pandora/appdata/albion/game (on your SD card). If yes, post the content please.

Also try running the game using Dosbox (on your pc). If it doesn't work in Dosbox, I don't think it will run using my program.

The only suggestion I'd have would be to add a vsync option please, because right now there is a lot of tearing. I don't know if it's possible for you though, but it would be really appreciated :)

I didn't notice any tearing while testing, but I'll see what can be done.

#17 Pickle

Pickle

Mega GP Mania

• X-treme Team
  • 4074 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:57 PM

I didn't notice any tearing while testing, but I'll see what can be done.

If your not using vsync already its pretty simple to add some code to do it before the sdl flips. I can give you the code.

#18 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

If your not using vsync already its pretty simple to add some code to do it before the sdl flips. I can give you the code.

I found some vsync code here. I'll use it, unless you have something different.

#19 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

edit: I think I put all the files I had on my SD card, but for some reason there is no game intro. When I launch the game I get the main menu immediately. Is it normal? Thanks!

Check, if you have a file INTRO.SMK.
If you followed my guide, it should be in the directory pandora/appdata/albion/game/ALBIONCD/VIDEO (but check also other directories).

#20 Michoko

Michoko

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

edit: I think I put all the files I had on my SD card, but for some reason there is no game intro. When I launch the game I get the main menu immediately. Is it normal? Thanks!

Check, if you have a file INTRO.SMK.
If you followed my guide, it should be in the directory pandora/appdata/albion/game/ALBIONCD/VIDEO (but check also other directories).

Ha thanks, I found the file, now it works fine! Cheers! :)

#21 Pickle

Pickle

Mega GP Mania

• X-treme Team
  • 4074 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

I found some vsync code here. I'll use it, unless you have something different.

Thats it.

#22 Pickle

Pickle

Mega GP Mania

• X-treme Team
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

M-HT I encountered a segfault last night I believe might be repeatable. I had it happen twice. It occurs during the battle mode when a krondir was fleeing the battle. As soon as it "exited" the app crashed and the log reported a seg fault.

#23 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

M-HT I encountered a segfault last night I believe might be repeatable. I had it happen twice. It occurs during the battle mode when a krondir was fleeing the battle. As soon as it "exited" the app crashed and the log reported a seg fault.

Do you have a savegame where such situation occurs ?

#24 Pickle

Pickle

Mega GP Mania

• X-treme Team
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

Do you have a savegame where such situation occurs ?

I may, but give tonight to try an get something that is repeatable from the save.

#25 Michoko

Michoko

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hey M-HT,

Thanks again for this great game, it's definitely worth playing. I wanted to bring an issue to your attention though.

I'm using the first control scheme : right handed with stylus. I'm generally moving the character with the DPAD. When I want to right-click on an object, I press L+Stylus. When I do so, generally the game doesn't display the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked. For example, if I want to examine a locker, I press L then I click on the locker with the stylus, and I don't have the examine/look menu entry.

I realized that in fact the mouse pointer is not considered to be over the clicked item by the game engine. As if the right click was done at the current location where the mouse arrow is, THEN the mouse arrow was moved. To verify this, if I move the mouse arrow over the locker with the right nub first, then right click it with the stylus, it works fine. But of course, it is cumbersome. I suppose it is related to the order the engine is treating mouse events, because as said above, the mouse cursor seems to move to the stylus position AFTER the right click has been registered.

I hope it's clear ;)

Keep up the great work !

#26 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

I'll check it and see if it can be fixed.

#27 WizardStan

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania

• X-treme Team
  • 6115 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

I think I love you and I want to have your babbies!
:P

#28 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

Hey M-HT,

Thanks again for this great game, it's definitely worth playing. I wanted to bring an issue to your attention though.

I'm using the first control scheme : right handed with stylus. I'm generally moving the character with the DPAD. When I want to right-click on an object, I press L+Stylus. When I do so, generally the game doesn't display the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked. For example, if I want to examine a locker, I press L then I click on the locker with the stylus, and I don't have the examine/look menu entry.

I realized that in fact the mouse pointer is not considered to be over the clicked item by the game engine. As if the right click was done at the current location where the mouse arrow is, THEN the mouse arrow was moved. To verify this, if I move the mouse arrow over the locker with the right nub first, then right click it with the stylus, it works fine. But of course, it is cumbersome. I suppose it is related to the order the engine is treating mouse events, because as said above, the mouse cursor seems to move to the stylus position AFTER the right click has been registered.

I hope it's clear ;)

Keep up the great work !

I checked this, but for me the L+stylus is working correctly - I get the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked.

Do you have the latest Pandora firmware - Hotfix 5 ?

#29 EvilDragon

EvilDragon

There can't be enough evil in this world!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7821 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I checked this, but for me the L+stylus is working correctly - I get the correct contextual menu with the actions corresponding to the item I right-clicked.

I guess I know his issue. If you're too far away from an object, you can't interact with it and only the main menu appears.
This is not a bug, it's designed to be like that.

BTW: Sound works fine as soon as you install Timidity with the Timidity Installer PND :)

Thaaaaanks a lot :D

Albion... Albion... yeaaah :D

#30 M-HT

M-HT

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

I guess I know his issue. If you're too far away from an object, you can't interact with it and only the main menu appears.
This is not a bug, it's designed to be like that.

That's true, but he also writes, that if he moves the mouse with the nub first, then the menu works. Of course it's possible that in this case he was near the object, so everything works correctly, but only he can tell if this was the case.

BTW: Sound works fine as soon as you install Timidity with the Timidity Installer PND :)

BTW: This is written in the readme - in the section "Music" :)