I'm the owner of a GP2X Wiz and a Dingoo A320.
Like some Dingoo A320 users, I followed the development of the new GNU/Linux based OS OpenDingux and installed it as soon as it was released.
I though that doing the same for the GP2X Wiz could be a good idea for several reasons:
* Taking advantage of the latest GNU/Linux kernel
--> The wiz currently use GNU/Linux 2.6.24
* Taking advantage of the latest GCC build
--> Better optimizations?
* Better tuning of the OS Kernel
--> Real-time mode, faster boot time, more drivers for usb devices (joysticks, remotes, wifi/bluetooth/ethernet dongles, etc...)
* Getting rid of the unnecessary stuff
--> Flash Player, Original UI (replaced by Gmenu2X)
* Booting the OS from the SD card like for Dingux/OpenDingux
--> Making it easier to upgrade the Wiz
* Your suggestions here
I would like to know if that sounds like a good idea.
Edited by LunaVorax, 20 July 2012 - 10:39 AM.