• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

source : http://www.gpzigi.co...?id=news&no=269

Posted Image

summary
----------
XGPmini test operation movie

1. Gamepark website is under construction. It will be opened ASAP.
2. XGP going to participates in E3 show
3. It is only a test movie. XGP will have no compatibility with Gp32.
----------

:blink:

#2 Vimacs

Vimacs

Don't be evil!

• X-treme Team
  • 5213 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

wow, that one looks cute

#3 TJFBryant

TJFBryant

Island Man with Pandora in my pocket

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:30 PM

Its ummmm..... really really small. Thats not good at all for my big hands. Cute YES, but I am not in the market for it. If I wanted a smaller version of a PSP ..then maybe.

#4 pantera6

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight together.

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

so is this just to watch movies?
not bad i guess
depends how much battery life it has
and if it can support 2gb
and hopefully get rid or the AA's

#5 aapje89

aapje89

Still here...

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2753 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:44 PM

is there a link to that test movie?

#6 chaos engineer

chaos engineer

tit for tat

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

so, this means that gamepark totally changed its strategy. the former xgp protoypes were much bigger and looked more sophisticated. this one here seems to be a kind of "gp2x micro". Looks nice, but the success depends only on the dev support.

#7 Radek

Radek

Mega GP Mania

• GP Guru
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

so, this means that gamepark totally changed its strategy. the former xgp protoypes were much bigger and looked more sophisticated. this one here seems to be a kind of "gp2x micro". Looks nice, but the success depends only on the dev support.

View Post

Why it looks very similar to the "Cenix" (and other clones) media/gameplayer?

And why the redesign?

Imho $ as XGP realized that going directly after Nintendo or Sony wouldn't work.

So isn't that funny that after all the XGP will not be unlike the GP2x - the emphasised media player function first, the rest second.

#8 mfk

mfk

GP Mania

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

GP != GPH so These are different companies.

XGP was a commercial game console project of GP not GPH. I think GP developed this model to compete with GP2X.

I hope our dev community do not divide. :(

The Best,

#9 Hanz™

Hanz™

FIGHT THE POWER! :D

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2577 posts
  • Interests:nyeh.

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

GP != GPH so These are different companies.

XGP was a commercial game console project of GP not GPH. I think GP developed this model to compete with GP2X.

I hope our dev community do not divide. :(

The Best,

View Post

I doubt it. This doesn't seem to be made for gameplaying, and I haven't seen a single dev for the last 6 months or so display any interest in the XGP.

#10 mfk

mfk

GP Mania

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

Because the first XGP was not for homebrew software. It was for only commercial games. But it seems that GP have changed their strategy after loosing focus.

Because i agree Chaos... It's impossible to compete with Nintendo and Sony in commercial games arena.

#11 Radek

Radek

Mega GP Mania

• GP Guru
  • 871 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Because the first XGP was not for homebrew software. It was for only commercial games. But it seems that GP have changed their strategy after loosing focus.

Because i agree Chaos... It's impossible to compete with Nintendo and Sony in commercial games arena.

View Post

Technically of course it is but indeed - what with software support? Without blockbuster tittles any console will not go anywhere. Then the marketing needs lots of $ to be just seen in the mass market.

GP (and GPH of course too) don't have resource to face even the Nintendo and superior specs mean nothing when there is no support.

But it's good that XGP will show probably after all. Hopefully the screen will not be in a weird resolution and cpu will be Arm derivate.
(so porting gp2x<->xgp could be relatively easy)

#12 Rob

Rob

GP32 Hardcore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

Wow, man! What do you mean even with Nintendo? Nintendo are currently selling a lot more handhelds than Sony. And Hanz it obviously is made for gameplaying otherwise how would you explain the name XGP (Xteme Game Player) but if you mean that it will end up competing with the Cenix Game Player which has only some mini games so far I think that you are right but it will be a lot easier to use your handhled as a mp3 player on the bright side so I am definetely considering to purchase it.

#13 nickspoon

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4234 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

1) I'm quite interested in this device as a developer, as it has hardware OpenGL support, so I'll be able to port some nice 3D games (and Flash), and looks reasonably easy to develop for (I hope). However, I'll never leave my GP2X behind :)
2) I'm not interested in this device as a consumer, because it looks expensive and more of a PSP-clone than anything else. Plus, the community isn't going to be behind it as much as they are behind the GP2X.

I think I'll see how it evolves before deciding whether or not to get one.

#14 aapje89

aapje89

Still here...

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2753 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:13 PM

1) I'm quite interested in this device as a developer, as it has hardware OpenGL support, so I'll be able to port some nice 3D games (and Flash), and looks reasonably easy to develop for (I hope). However, I'll never leave my GP2X behind :)
2) I'm not interested in this device as a consumer, because it looks expensive and more of a PSP-clone than anything else. Plus, the community isn't going to be behind it as much as they are behind the GP2X.

I think I'll see how it evolves before deciding whether or not to get one.

View Post

I must say, hardware OpenGL support is quite w00t :).

#15 Jarska333

Jarska333

What do you want?

• GP32 Hardcore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3606 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:23 PM

Hardware OpenGL? You sure? This is a major re-design, and I haven't seen specs for this XGP yet...